Monday, July 2, 2012

Fabulous Fish Tacos





I call these fabulous fish tacos for a good reason. They are FABULOUS! I owe my sister, Tessa, for the recipe that she originally found on allrecipes.com under the name fish tacos ultimo. Unfortunately, I don't have a grill, so this recipe is a bit different. 




My best friends Nichole and Mel came to visit me a few weeks back and I wanted to make something extra special with them so I immediately thought of these fish tacos. We're all mega Mexican food fans.


What you'll need:

Fish:
1 pound frozen tilapia fillets, thawed
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
fresh cilantro to taste (I used about 2 tablespoons)
olive oil
olive oil spray

Chipotle Sauce:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 clove garlic
fresh cilantro to taste


Tacos:
9 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cabbage (green or red)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tomato, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced
2 green onions, chopped
salsa (optional)


Serving size: Feeds 3 hungry people 3 tacos each :)




Rub the fish with a small amount of olive oil and then cover with the marinade mixture: lime juice, salt, black pepper, chopped garlic, cilantro, and paprika.


Cook the fish in a large skillet sprayed with olive oil spray for about 3-4 minutes on each side over medium heat, or until the filet flakes easily with a fork.



For the chipotle sauce: combine yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and chipotle peppers in a blender and pulse until sauce is well blended.



Heat each corn tortilla in a skillet over low heat until warm. Assemble your tacos and enjoy! 

Don't forget more cilantro! :)

1 comment:

  1. ooo, Yummy! I'll make these with some delicious fish from my city :-) I wish I could have been with you ladies, miss you all a lot. Great photos Brenna. Love, Ashley XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Please leave a comment! :)